Come out and join us at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront on Veteran's Day weekend for the 2nd Annual Scott Dayton EOD Memorial 5k to benefit the NSO Community. Scott was a major part of the inspiration for the founding of NSOF and it is fitting that this race continues to serve as a legacy for his family in who still resides in the Virginia Beach area.
Scott was the first American killed in action while conducting combat operations in Syria on Thanksgiving Day, 2016. The immense contribution by Scott and the many brave EOD warriors that have given their lives in defense of this nation is a sacrifice we must never forget.
This is more than a race for us, it is about bringing our community together to honor those who cannot be here with us.
- Pre-Registration: 2 Sep-9 Nov | Adults: $40 | 12 and under: $30
- Same Day Registration: 10 Nov | Adults: $45 | 12 and under: $35
- Virtual Runner Option: $25 and a shirt will be mailed to you
- Thursday, November 8th, 6-10pm
- Dave & Buster's at Lynnhaven Mall. 10% of any sales during packet pickup will be donated to NSOF
- Registration packet includes:
- (1) Raffle Ticket
- (1) Race Bib
- (1) Premium T-Shirt
- (1) Drink Ticket (21 and over)
- Saturday, November 10th, 2018
- Day of registration will take place from 7:30-9am at Schooner Inn Parking Lot, 215 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Available in the Rudee Loop Lot, 2nd & 4th Street Municipal Lots, and the 9th Street Garage. Metered street parking and other parking lots are also in the vicinity of the race start.
- At 9:15am line up on the boardwalk in front of Grommet Park and enjoy the National Anthem and a moment of silence honoring our NSO Warriors who have paid the ultimate sacrifice!
- Race will begin promptly at 9:30am
- J&A Racing will be conducting timing for this event and you can go their website post-race to find your times.
Post Race Party
- Takes place immediately proceeding at 'THE SHACK'
- 712 Atlantic Avenue at the Oceanfront
- Enjoy your FREE orange crush (and many more) while enjoying great food, games, and the chance to win AMAZING raffle prizes!!
- Be sure to stop by the massage table and get your kinks out, check out the vendor tables, and get some NSOF swag merchandise
If running isn't your thing, come and join us for games/drinks/food at the Shack during the post-race party! But don't forget to register as a virtual runner to get your shirt!
Photo Credit: josephkelleyphotography.com